UCT Senior Scientific Officer Vacancies 2023. www.uct.ac.za Occupations Entrance 2023. UCT Senior Scientific Officer Opportunity 2023. University of Cape Town Positions Careers24 Occupations 2023. Apply For UCT Senior Scientific Officer Opening On Western Cape. Land Top Latest Situations In UCT Cape Town. Guidelines to Submit For UCT Official Web-based interface. Check The Today latest Jobs For jobsvacancies24.com For Site Is UCT Callings.
⇒Current UCT Vacancies 2023⇐
UCT Senior Scientific Officer Vacancies 2023 Check Latest Jobs Your Eligibility, Verify Documents
Contenders who are fascinated for UCT Occupations can pursue Senior Scientific Officer Positions as demonstrated by their capability, mature, etc. Our web-based interface has given underneath all of the nuances for these UCT Senior Scientific Officer Opportunity. Take a gander at UCT Various sorts Occupations! They are at this point enrolling for University of Cape Town Entryway in various positions. UCT is an uncommon Opportunity to work for, so don’t mess up your chance to apply
UCT Senior Scientific Officer Careers 2023 All Required details Below Table
|| UCT Vacancies
|Required Jobs Profile
|| Senior Scientific Officer
||Jobs in Cape Town
||Western Cape Jobs in South Africa 2023
||R 439,276-516,794 Per Year
||08 February 2023
UCT Vacancies For Senior Scientific Officer Jobs Description 2023
The Biogeochemistry Research Infrastructure Platform (BIOGRIP) invites applications from suitably
qualified candidates for the position of Senior Scientific Officer in the Stable Light Isotope Laboratory
based in the Department of Archaeology, UCT. This will be a 3-year contract appointment, to start as
soon as possible.
BIOGRIP consists of a network of analytical laboratories grouped into four nodes, each hosted by a South
African university. Each node specializes in an aspect of biogeochemical research, with a central hub that
manages and coordinates the platform. The nodes support both discipline-specific research and largerscale integrated and interdisciplinary efforts. The resultant facility will be internationally competitive in
its scope and capacity and will integrate with and support other RI platforms in South Africa.
The Senior Scientific Officer will support the laboratory manager and will be responsible for the day-today preparation and analysis of samples in the Stable Light Isotope Laboratory, using gas source mass
spectrometers and related equipment. In addition, the SSO will help develop the capability to measure
sulphur isotopes (a new addition to the laboratory). The successful applicant will prepare, weigh, and
measure samples (keeping track of data quality) and calibrate the results. They will also liaise with users
concerning their analytical requirements, advise and assist users wishing to carry out their own sample
preparation and analysis, keep records of analytical procedures used in the laboratory, monitor use of
consumables, keep track of samples run for billing purposes and help train new users/students.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
• A BSc (Honours) in one of Biological Science, Geology, Chemistry, Archaeology, Oceanography or
• At least two years’ post-qualification laboratory experience including one year’s experience with gassource mass spectrometers and peripheral devices such as CHNS analysers and gas bench extraction
systems, or similar.
• Experience with computers and their interfacing to equipment.
• Experience in trouble-shooting minor instrument problems and carrying out basic maintenance and
repairs when necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal teamwork and communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
• MSc or equivalent qualification in disciplines listed above
• Knowledge of basic programming relevant to instrumentation (R, LabVIEW, etc)
• Research and Project Management: Take primary responsibility for analysing samples using
the mass spectrometers
• Laboratory management and equipment maintenance: Equipment maintenance,
troubleshooting, assistance in basic repairs
• Education and training: Provide technical and scientific assistance to undergraduate (BSc) and
post-graduate (masters and doctoral) students in the use of equipment and running of samples,
especially for sulphur isotopes
• Purchasing and stock management: Manage and control consumables, materials and
chemicals for the laboratory in conjunction with the laboratory manager.
The following are a couple of clues and rules to help you with UCT application:
- To pursue the position, fathom your work and read the notification mindfully and appreciate that you are equipped for this post.
- Tailor your resume and starting letter to the UCT work you are applying for.
- Press the “Apply For UCT Open jobs” button available at this Post page’s end.
- All UCT Occupations at Reexamining will appear on the power business page.
- Right after understanding the notification, you start filling the design warily.
- Directly following taking every one of the information, reverify the design and subsequently apply on the submit button.
Important Notice→ We Are Cautioning/Information Circulated By Obvious Site Search By Google. Our web-based interface and our gathering will not be responsible for any initial blunder. We request you that before applying, you should go to the power site and get every one of the information mindfully, exclusively after that you should pursue positions. Thankful to you for visiting our site.